Join the IAN Team!
Join a new and fun program that is building the capacity across Idaho to help enrich, support and expand out-of-school opportunities for Idaho youth! AmeriCorps VISTA program is the domestic equivalent to the Peace Corps. Not only will you serve to help Idaho out-of-school programs, you will become part of a national network of service members that have been eradicating poverty since the 1960’s.
Click on the title below for a service description:
- Serve on a full-time basis (40 hour/week) for at least one year (Service dates: July 15, 2017 - July 14, 2018
- Attend Pre-Service Orientation in Los Angeles, CA (July 11 - 14 2017), all expenses covered
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- May take limited college courses or have a part-time job while volunteering
- Must have reliable transportation (travel expenses are covered)
VISTA Member Benefits:
- Living allowance ($467.86, every two weeks)
- Health care benefits
- 10 Personal and sick leave
- Childcare benefits (based on household income eligibility)
- Educational award ($5,745 –may be used to pay student loans or for tuition) or stipend ($1,500) at the end of service
- Student loan payments may be deferred during service
- Relocation expenses up to $500 are available for those who must travel more than 50 miles to assigned site, up to $1,000 for mileage reimbursement.
- Experience with computer programs (e-mail, Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Docs)
- Experience and enjoyment working with the public
- Experience working in a professional setting
- Candidates must have a strong work ethic – punctual, self-motivated, trustworthy and reliable
- Candidates should be able to write well (email correspondence, tutorials, online content, and weekly reports will be written by VISTAs )
- Ability to work independently and with a team
Additional Experience or attributes that are a plus but not required:
- Experience with press relations
- Experience working with websites, video making or SQL databases
- A natural ability and curiosity for technology
- Experience with online research
- Experience with fundraising or grant writing
Training will be provided to understand the overall work and goals of the Idaho AfterSchool Network. Previous AmeriCorps VISTAs have also created tutorial and resources to help new VISTA team members learn the ropes. Our new regional outreach coordinator will join a team of 4 other VISTA members.
The application process on the AmeriCorps site can take a while, please be patient and prepared with employment history and reference contact information.
- To apply, you may click the buttons above or search for the applications through the AmeriCorps application page: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/publicRequestSearch.do (Select IDAHO, Click on Find Opportunity Now, Select Idaho AfterSchool Network)
- Having troubles? Here is a tutorial if you have issues with the website.
- Final Selection will be made by May 26, 2017 (subject to CNCS approval)
Information & Questions: Contact Marie Hattaway, email@example.com, (208) 336-5533 x 283